h'okay soo...I can't remember what I did at the beginning of the week, so it was probably spent being extremely sick and depressed. awesome.
well...the week did gain awesomeness after Wednesday. Thursday I went to visit my sister and brother-in-law and their dog Holly. Mom and Dad went with me and we all went to dinner at Finza Bistro since David is a "golden card holder." oooooh yes. He's a badass. Dinner was tastey and then we went to Jungle Jim's for some international food goodness. I picked up some ramune and a Japanese beer called Japanese Classic Ale. Turns out John bought the same beer...and its apparently sort of rare. So yea, I'm a loser and I read into stuff way too much but yea...I'll take it as a good sign. :) Also, I picked up a couple goodies to send to Japan. ;)
Friday night the awesomeness continued. Chance and I drove to Murray to see Beth, though considering we left at 1 am, we got there around 5 am on Saturday. Ah well...we made the best of it by not sleeping and going to the Land Between the Lakes shooting range. I shot some of Beth's boyfriend John's handguns...a 9mm, .45, .38....it was great fun. And we shot some water jugs until they exploded. That was even more fun.
After the range we went to find the buffalo that roam Land Between the Lakes, but alas they were hiding. So, we went home, napped and then went to dinner. After dinner, Beth, Chance, and I stayed up all night geeking out and talking about anime and watching Tekkonkinkreet, which is an extremely bizarre but wonderful film.
Sunday we went to Paducah (woo hoo....omfg I do not want to return to Paducah) and geeked out some more in Books-A-Million, until we went to see Tropic Thunder. AHHH it was sooo funny!! Go see it NAOW! It was actually quite well written, not to mention I have met one of the main characters so that adds a cool factor to the movie. (Brandon T. Jackson..go check his imdb, he's cool...will post pic of me with him if I can find it.) After the movie we got to spend some time with another buddy from Japan, Edo! Hadn't seen him since the trip, so we ended up talking with him for hours by the river. It was good stuff.
Sadly, today we had to leave Murray. Beth and I were crying, and Chance might have even had a tear in his eye. It was a great weekend with some really great friends that I desperately needed. Since John left I've been...well....not myself. *sigh* I'm sorry to all my friends for not being in touch lately. Things got so messed up when John left, and I'm still trying to work out how to deal with everything. Depression is a difficult beast to try and tame, but this weekend really helped me get back to my senses. However, I haven't talked to John in a few days, so it would really help if I talked to him....I'm crossing my fingers. Can you cross yours, too? :)
MUCH LOVE
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
d.jpg)
2 comments:
Consider them crossed! :wink:
I am, after all, your lucky charm! :)
yes,yes you are!! :)
Post a Comment